Author Topic: Williams T2 Dot Matrix Display - Cloudy, Wavy  (Read 803 times)

BigMac

Williams T2 Dot Matrix Display - Cloudy, Wavy
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
For some time now (I don't remember when it started happening, I've had the machine for 13 years now) on my T2 machine, my DMD has had a "wavy" and "cloudy" look on the sides. I've checked all of the connectors and made sure that they're tight. I researched this a few years back and I read the troubleshooting on marvin3m.com for the cloudy display. I thought that I'd settled on the fact that it wasn't the display but something else. I had printed out a page from pinball-parts.com describing a DMD-HVP board thinking that was what I needed, but I can't find the board online now.

Does anyone have experience with this DMD-HVP board? Has anyone fixed a problem with a DMD that has the cloudy sides?

Offline freakandgeek

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • The GameRoom Blog
Re: Williams T2 Dot Matrix Display - Cloudy, Wavy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
For some time now (I don't remember when it started happening, I've had the machine for 13 years now) on my T2 machine, my DMD has had a "wavy" and "cloudy" look on the sides. I've checked all of the connectors and made sure that they're tight. I researched this a few years back and I read the troubleshooting on marvin3m.com for the cloudy display. I thought that I'd settled on the fact that it wasn't the display but something else. I had printed out a page from pinball-parts.com describing a DMD-HVP board thinking that was what I needed, but I can't find the board online now.

Does anyone have experience with this DMD-HVP board? Has anyone fixed a problem with a DMD that has the cloudy sides?

There are companies replacing the DMD driver boards. Just look at the regular parts providers on that. I think PinLED makes one -- maybe Rottendog too.

Sounds to me like the DMD itself is probably the issue though. Just move the DMD to another game and see if it looks the same.

- Kevin
http://GameRoomBlog.com
================================
Creature, WH20, BSD, Shadow, TZ, TWD Premium, Space Station, Meteor, Fireball II, Elektra