Author Topic: Pop Bumper Bummer--RESOLVED!!! see more inside...  (Read 3092 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Pop Bumper Bummer
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 06:32:32 PM »
rgp = fanboys. but ya, larger audience. the leads here all look promising.

long live the bbs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:00:43 PM by K7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • Flipping the Dream
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »

long live the bbs.

Don't totally knock RGP.  LOTS of helpful info in there. Lots of BS and whiners in there as well, but technically some very useful data.
"It's better to make it to the finals and play like sh*t than to not make it to the finals at all"-Josh Sharpe, pinball pro and IFPA president

Offline mcjeremy42

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
And the Winner was Bill!!!  He had the correct answer! 

Got the parts and soldered them in after work.  Played for about an hour and no problems!  Thankfully, I had a printout of the schematics to find out what the diode and cap were, because there was no way to see the print on that diode!

Seriously, thank you all for the input!  It feels nice to know that there is a resource to ask questions to when you're a noob just starting to get into a hobby!

--jeremy
Vids: Donkey Kong (w/DK,DK2, Remix,DKjr,DK3), Midway cocktail (w/ArcadeSD), Defender cocktail, Rampage World Tour, Space Invaders Deluxe (w/Braze), Moon Patrol, Tron, Asteroids Deluxe (w/Braze), Pac-Man, Pac-Land, MAME
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Centigrade 37, Top Score
Pachinkos: Spider-Man Neo

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: Pop Bumper Bummer--RESOLVED!!! see more inside...
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 11:12:33 PM »
See, who needs RGP ... its 2010 peeps, newsgroups died in 1999..
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »
That's great news!  It always feels good to solve a problem, doesn't it!

Offline mcjeremy42

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »
Played it for an hour or so again tonight...just to confirm that it wasn't just fu@&!ng with me last night.  Still good!  and I have a new wire gate coming in from a Mr. Pinball classified next week.  Between all the work that Kelley, Atari Jim, and I have put into resurrecting this game (ohhhh and it was rough--ebay find...), I have definitely learned a ton about repairing a pin!

Again, thank you all for any and all input, even if you just glanced at the thread and thought about it for a second.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as the days roll on!
--j
Vids: Donkey Kong (w/DK,DK2, Remix,DKjr,DK3), Midway cocktail (w/ArcadeSD), Defender cocktail, Rampage World Tour, Space Invaders Deluxe (w/Braze), Moon Patrol, Tron, Asteroids Deluxe (w/Braze), Pac-Man, Pac-Land, MAME
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Centigrade 37, Top Score
Pachinkos: Spider-Man Neo

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »

long live the bbs.

Don't totally knock RGP.  LOTS of helpful info in there. Lots of BS and whiners in there as well, but technically some very useful data.

I agree, RGP is great...ESPECIALLY in getting some input/ tips/ ideas on any issues with games.  I figure SOMEBODY has experienced at some time the same problem I'm encountering, no matter WHAT the game, and the MORE ideas the better, whether they work or not at least gives you something more than you have on your own to try.  Stay out of the BS fighting and politics threads and it's fine, and lots of great knowledgable and genuinely nice people.