Author Topic: my new TOY - Freddy Nightmare on elm street - HUO  (Read 4712 times)

SILVERBALLZ

my new TOY - Freddy Nightmare on elm street - HUO
« on: August 02, 2008, 01:20:35 PM »
Well, I have had a bunch of games in my day, and only 2 were older HUO games, one was a CV.. Here is the other... http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=13903

This thing is in MINT CONDITION inside and out.. Underside and all!!!  Scroll forward for more pics!!!

JohnnyMac

Re: my new TOY - Freddy Nightmare on elm street - HUO
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »
Nice one Rome,great score!

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »
Yeah, I would have to say this is my best score I have ever got!!! The CV was a good score, but I traded a NIB spiderman for it!!! This game is probably cleaner than my CV was..

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »
Congrats.  Keep us posted on how you like the gameplay.

I had forgotten it had an extra flipper button on the right side.  I tend to like games that have extra buttons and features like the claw save.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »
Congrats, looks like a nice pin!

So...I guess the game not booting up and the balls being stuck was something stupid and an easy fix? Did you do it in front of the sellers or wait until you got home?

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
I told them that I had to drill the lock out so I could take the glass off.. All I did was move a piece of foam that was supposed to be a ball stopper for the back of the ramp, it was blocking the hole to drop the balls out of the ramp.. Just put the 2 balls back in the trough, and the game fired right up first try.. The game has nothing wrong with it at all!! It plays like a caddilac, and it feels like one too.. It's got a killer sound system.. I like the game alot!!! Yes, I got the game working while I was there at thier house!! They didn't really care.. They were spoiled rich kids that live on Siesta Key beach, right on the water!!! They said the game had been in the family since new!  And it has not been played in a couple years from what they told me!! It was funny, I got the coin door drilled, was going to go put the head down and it wouldn't come down after unlatching it.. It had the 2 bolts holding the backbox up.. There was no backbox key either, and a much heavier duty lock to drill out.. Luckily the backbox key was still hanging on the inside coin door.. This game is as new looking as my NIB family guy!!! That's how nice it is.. I am still shocked as I sit here typing!!! I scored big time!!  Plus it's a fun game to boot!!

Offline brewmeister_us

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
Rome,

How far off was my $500 estimate?   ;)

Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
You were off by 300.. I paid them 800 for it.. It's not leaving here for any less than 2k.. It's a definate pin I know I can flip, but probably won't...  You know how that goes though..  They were happy with the 800... I know it is a low amount, and I felt kinda bad, but hey, you gotta score sometimes... I rarely do!!  I am very happy with it!!  Kevin KBVette stopped by and played it.. He can chime in on it's condition!!

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
Here is the Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0VOoaK0msg

I need to bring a light in here next time I shoot video, it's kinda dark..

Offline kbvette

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
VERY,VERY NICE.PLAYS FAST AND SMOOTH.KINDA A CREEPY THEME,BUT THE FLOW AND SHOTS MADE ME GET OVER THAT.
Pins Fish Tales,XMEN LE,DM,Iron Man,Corvette,

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »
How many plays does it have on it?  And what exactly does the claw do again?

Offline Mojo_114

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 04:31:23 PM »
I picked-up one about 6 months ago and still play it when ever I get a chance.  Mine has a few small wear spots, but nothing visable.
Every one mentions the creepy feel to it, and loves the sound. I plan to keep mine for a while also.
JIM
Spiderman, Pinball Magic, HH, FG, Godzilla, MM, Centaur, 8 Ball Delux, Circus, Mr & Mrs Pacman, Freddy, Star Wars, Apollo 13, TZ, Mario

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
It has 1601 plays on it, It's never had a quarter through the slots, through either slot!! I put about 10 plays on it so far!!  Only 1 person has made it to final nightmare!!  It's only had 350 claw activations which are the claw hand that acts as a flipper!! I am still getting more amazed as I cycle through the audits!!

Offline scrambled

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 06:55:45 PM »
Just to clarify a bit.  I think the claw is the device between the flippers and is activated by the extra flipper button on the right.  The glove (or hand) is activated with the standard flipper button on the left.  Seems like there would be two different audits, but I haven't looked into it with VPinmame.

SILVERBALLZ

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
The left flipper claw is something you actually have to activate during game play.. Then the upkicker kicks it up to the ramp, and you can swat the ball off the ramp with that glove!! If you hit the captive ball with that glove swipe, you get rewarded!!! The claw save is just between the flippers and it is like a gate claw that comes up out of the playfield.. You activate this with the 2nd flipper button on the right side, but you have to spell out C L A W to use this feature!! It is a timed thing, so you must be quick!! It's a fun game!! It's up there!!