Author Topic: Black Knight 2000 - Opinions Please  (Read 1356 times)

Offline imjay

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
    • My Old Band
Black Knight 2000 - Opinions Please
« on: August 31, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
Found a BK - asking price is $1400.00 - As usual I've never seen one nor played one.

$1400 seems a bit high for a 89 Sys 11B game.  Anyone have this guy and/or offer opinion of Fun Factor or $$$ Value?
Thanks
Jim
352-284-1066
AFM RFM TAF MB NGG TZ Fathom F-14Tomcat, Cougar Dart, Tournament Tornado Foos, Short-Stop

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
Re: Black Knight 2000 - Opinions Please
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:26:51 AM »
Just watched one sell on ebay in Clermont for less than $675.  Haven't played one in person but play it on pinmame, it's OK.

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:34:04 AM »
Better play it a lot on the emulator.  Some people love the soundtrack and some say it kills the game.  I almost bought a Rollergames a few years back, but thankfully tried it a good bit on VP first.  The music killed the gameplay for me.  Seems like the gameplay wins out on BK2000 for me, but it was pretty close.

Offline Megaslacker

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »
     BK2K is one of my favorites so I may be a bit biased in my opinion. Other than a Banzai Run it is probably going to command the highest dollar amount of system 11 games (condition dependent of course).
     I personally looked at the BK2K in Clermont that just sold on ebay for 647.00 and without going into any real detail will just say the game was trash. Getting it out of the house wasn't going to be any picnic either. I was going to bid on it for a parts/reference game, but once it passed 400 bucks I was out. I have a feeling if the game isn't being shipped we may see it listed again.
      If I hadn't just picked one up recently, I'd be driving up to look at the one in Ocala myself. If it's in the great 100% working condition described and there's a little room for negotiation to walk away with it for 1200 or maybe even less seems like a pretty fair deal to me.
      Drive up to take a look at the game and play it for a bit if it isn't too far of a drive for you. If you're closer to me here in Kissimmee you can come take a look at mine. Although mine isn't a great example of the game at the moment, it would help give you an idea if you like it in person.

Ken

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »
Black Knight 2000 is the game at least, for me it is. It was actually the game that got me seriously into playing Pinball back in the 80s. The sound package on that (same guy who did Mortal Kombat) is simply amazing. When you get it really hopping and the music picks up, well I've never played a Pinball that 'rocks' quite like it. The game itself isn't terribly deep, but like the original it's a lot of fun and pretty fast moving when you get into the "zone" hitting U-Turns and such. There is the upper playfield, the draw bridge and a few multi-balls to keep it interesting. I've never grown tired of mine at least. I know it does get a bad rap as being almost entirely a 'right flipper' game, which also turns some people off.

A price at $1,200 is very reasonable on this one. Although as others have pointed out it has somewhat of a love/hate relationship with some players it's still one of the most popular pins from that timeframe. I paid around $1k for mine almost 8 years ago and was pretty happy with that. I've seen really nice examples hit anywhere from $1,500 up to $2,000 on the high end. I'd suspect any that sold for significantly less than $1,000 - $1,200 to have probably been in bad or below average condition.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:23:01 PM by number six »

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:52 AM »
Ken,

are you Rich/ Brewmeister's friend in Kissimmee who (at different times) had Atarians, Hulk, and Space Invaders for sale?  Just curious.  If so, you've been a big help to me!